duminică, 30 martie 2014

The Princess Maiden


I bend over in front of you, sweet Mother,
Longing for your kiss;
I went too far away perhaps
And now I’d like to stay at your chest.
To feel your dear warmth,
To listen to the stories about princes
And play with your necklace.
Alas! Much I miss for my parents!
I miss the hot sun
Which crowned in summer day,
A book of teachings
I used to turn over
Until the evening came…

Years passed so many more,
I’m now as cold as the glacier,
And lost I am among the mountains
With a white face, as white as the lime;
I lay some meaningless words
While hoping of the charmed instant
When I shall get out of my state of coma,
Again become the Princess Maiden,
And lay the plains of infinity
On a horizon so much loved!


***   

Written by Băţmîndru Lucia
Translated by Romulus Florian ADAM

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu